Friday, March 22, 2013

Writing for Cyberspace: Wikipedia Training

This tutorial has expounded my knowledge on exactly how Wikipedia works. What I found the most informative was "what Wikipedia is not" and their pillars. You cannot just write an article about anything as I previously thought. It has to be a subject that is notable, and you have to leave your opinions out of it. Also, sources are required for every fact you mention in your article. I still don't know what my subject will be. However, in the "what you shouldn't write about" part of the training, they suggested to browse the stub categories if you are not sure what to write about. You can then expound on that topic. So I will browse, and if I see a stub category that I am interested in writing about, that will be my subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment