Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blog 7

Freewrite for research project

My interests are teaching; learning styles; how to be a good teacher; my mind is going blank; I know there are more things; art; music; paint; politics; gun control; the american education system and what is truly wrong with it.
     Politics are what define how the country is run. It affects every single person, directly or indirectly. Social issues like gun control matter to me, because I am sick and tired of hearing about shootings all over the news, and the part that really angers me is that all of this could easily be avoided with stricter gun laws. How is it that anybody can buy 6,000 rounds of ammo off the internet like their shopping for shoes? I am going for teaching k-5, so of course, I want to be a good teacher. What makes a teacher effective vs. uneffective? I've heard so many stories of blantanly inadequate teachers staying in the classroom. As a product of the American public schol system, I have a lot of personal experience to draw from. This is widely seen as a huge factor into why the American education system sucks.  Why is this? Should the tenor sysytem be changed? Why should experience dictate so strongly whether or not a teacher remains in the classroom? First in, first out system of firing teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment