Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog 1

It seems that the type of research in English and writing like to do is pretty broad. In this field there is a lot of room for individuality, so you can just dig in further into whatever topics interest you. Whether its research pertaining to your career or a hobby, the type of research can range according to the person; the author. However, to name something more specific, I think that many English and writing scholars lead more towards more humanitarian and social topics. I know social topics definitely interest me. Although there are many things I would love to research, I'm most interested in learing styles. As a student teacher, I think that the most daunting task of teaching can be addressing all the different learning styles in your class. In teaching it is very important to do this, since it will ensure that all your students gain a deeper and more accurate understanding of what you're trying to teach them. More importantly I want to research how to really engage my students in what is being taught, especially if its a subject they lack skill in or just dont like in general. It is very dangerous and very likely for a student to just tune out the lesson if its something that is challenging for them (speaking more specifically to younger students in pre-school/elementary). So the student needs to be engaged into the lesson. I would hate it for a student to walk out of my class not knowing what they need to know in order to succeed in their education. Researching this topic further would give me advice and skills how to avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment