Tuesday, September 11, 2012

blog 2

Analysis is defined as:
  • Detailed examination of the elements or structure of something, typically as a basis for discussion or interpretation.
  • The process of separating something into its constituent elements.
  •  
    To me, analysis is the process of breaking down the topic you're looking at into smaller pieces and that way getting a deeper understanding of the topic and its facets. It's very much like that brainteaser excercise from the first day of class; you look at a problem, pick out what is components are, and then from there you can figure out the solution. Analysis is very much a dismantling of a topic or problem. Analysis would come very handy for me when researching learning styles and enagaing students into learning. I would look into how to recognize learning styles, and how personality and interests can shape a learning style. Then, based on the students learning style, finding out then what are the best methods of teaching tailored to that particular learning style. There are many layers to reasearching this topic; I could probably go on and on, mentioning different layers. So I would apply analysis by dissecting my topicas much as I can. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment