Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Writing for Cyberspace: Blog 1 Nielsen

"How Users Read on the Web"
        I  personally do not read that way on the web. I read every word for the most part, depending on what it is that I am looking for. For something like travel plans and ideas, I try to read carefully. However, I think that keeping information as straightforward and concise as possible when writing for the internet is a good move. Like the article explained, most people try to skim through the information rather than read word for word. Also, reading word for word can be a bit time consuming, especially when there is a lot of fluff. If you are writing on the internet to impart information. If it is required of me to take notes on information on a webpage, I don't print anything out. I read along with a pen and paper, and take notes on what calls my attention, what I think is important, and what I don't understand. As I said before, how I read on the internet is close to how I read print. Reading online has not really changed how I read print. If anything, I make sure I read print even more carefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment